to SFX@UP! This tool from Ex Libris creates shortcuts to the
full text of online journals and books. It also links to the
Library catalogue. With SFX it will not be necessary to search
separately in a number of resources for the information needed.
is not a search engine, it is a link solver. It doesn't search,
done in databases, e.g. EBCSOhost or Academic OneFile will
also deliver SFX results.
done on UPExplore Plus(our research portal) links via SFX
to information, if UP has access rights.
In search results you will find SFX links often displayed
as an icon:
Google Scholar displays: SFX@UP in your
If you have done a search and
the results are a bit overwhelming, remember this advice:
- If there is a direct link to the publisher, always choose
the direct link first as it is the shortest path.
- Choose SFX in the absence of a direct link.
- Sometimes you have to sign in with personal passwords
before you will see any SFX results(Scopus).
- The SFX links could be available in the references only
- SFX links will not be visible after having clicked on
a pdf link.
- Golden rule: don’t search for SFX, use it when you
come across it! You will see it all over our databases/journals.